The real secret of our program is teaching the children and staff how to evaluate their behavior choices of the day. It is good that we teach the 5 Needs, the 4 parts of behavior, that each person is responsible for their own behaviors, but without the ability to rationally examine their choices and ask themselves, "Did I get what I wanted when I chose that behavior or would it have been better if I had chosen .......?", the program is incomplete.
The following are some other questions that can help our children and staff evaluate:
- What Need did I want to fulfill when I chose to do that?
- At what point could I have chosen a different behavior that might have given me a more effective outcome?
- Did my behavior choices bring me closer to the people I want to be close to or push us further away from each other?
- Was what I wanted something in my quality world, or was it a frivolous, or fleeting thought I chose to act upon?
- How did that work out for me?
We will be offering more classes on the subject of evaluation, and teaching and sharing more ways to ask the questions that help us evaluate. Come join the fun!!