- Survival - food shelter, safety, and sex. When working with the children we concentrate on what makes them feel safe and how to insure their safety, and less on sex.
- Love and belonging - to share, care and cooperate. Choice theory is about making and keeping relationships.
- Power and control - the only person we can control is ourselves.
- Freedom - we learn about making choices and using our creativity for positive results in our lives.
- Fun - which includes learning
It may seem awkward to learn these, but it will all make sense as you learn and put it all together. The next step will be to learn the 4 parts of behavior.